SAMAJWADI PARTY (SP)
About the Samaj Wadi Party
Samajwadi Party is a regional party which is mainly located in Uttar Pradesh. Party has also formed its base in the states like Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Bihar. Samajwadi party is politically centrist and believes in Democratic Socialism. It works for the betterment of the people who are socially backward. It believes in secularism and opposes communalism.
The party was formed in 1992, after splitting from Janata Dal. The founder of the party is Mulayam Singh Yadav. The party follows the footsteps of Ram Manohar Lohia. Lohia who is a Gandhian believes in non violence and end of Capitalism and feudalism. His principles have helped the party to reach and help the people who belong to the lower classes of the society.
SP is the third largest party in Lok Sabha acquiring 22 seats in the House. The party has 8 members in Rajya Sabha and provides an outside support to the present UPA government. The party is planning to form alliance with some other parties to form a Third Front in the coming Lok Sabha elections. The party has a strong base in Uttar Pradesh and is currently ruling the state. Akhilesh Yadav- the son of Mulayam Singh Yadav is the chief minister of the state.
The symbol of Samajwadi party is bicycle which is drawn on red and green background. The red color represents strength and struggle while the green color represents greenery and prosperity. So overall it means that the party is moving towards the direction of development.
The Samajwadi party leaders who represents the party at the national level are:
Mulayam Singh Yadav: Mulayam Singh Yadav is the founder of the Samajwadi Party. He has become the chief minister of the state. He is the member of parliament and represents the Mainpuri constituency of Uttar Pradesh. He was the Union Minister of Defence in the United Front.
- Akhilesh Yadav: He is the President of the party at the state level and current Chief Minister of the state too.
- Abu Asim Azmi: He is the party President in the state of Maharashtra and was a Rajya Member too. He is currently the member of State Legislative Assembly of Maharashtra.
- Azad Khan: He is the General Secretary of the party and was the cabinet minister of the government led by SP.
- Ram Gopal Yadav: He is the General Secretary and spokesperson of the Samajwadi Party and was MP of Lok Sabha representing the Sambhal constituency.
- Rajendra Chaudhary: He is the spokesperson of the party in Uttar Pradesh.
Achievements of the Party
Being the third Largest party in the country, it has made significant contribution to the political scenario of the country. They are as follows:
- Some years back Shiv Sena leaders targeted the north Indian people residing in the state of Maharashtra. Samajwadi party was the only party which stood for the north Indians and questioned the allegations.
- Samajwadi Party has strongly criticized BJP party for the demolition of Babri Masjid as it believes in communal peace.
- It has criticized and opposed the policies of UPA government like FDA in Finance sector and price rise. It even criticized the party for corruption.
- In order to protect the farmers of the Bundelkhand, it protested against the central government for insufficient allocation of money.
Official Website of SP: http://www.samajwadiparty.in
Head-Office Address of SP: Samajwadi Party, 18 Copernicus Lane, New Delhi
Contact Number: 011-23386842
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Last Updated on 10/3/2013